Thursday, May 4, 2017

Contemporary Reblog: KEITH HARING’S EASTER MURAL


reblog of: http://thefoxisblack.com/2017/04/16/keith-harings-easter-mural-at-the-white-house/

Sometimes it is just fun to see look at a nice visual and forget about any real message or subtext. I really admire this artist. Some people might have created a series of pieces which are more easter related but this most no context so it can be viewed at any time (unless one views those circles as eggs).

I think the illustrations are fun and the character designs are very unique. Everything certainly stays to the same illustrative style. However what fascinates me the most andy I chose to reblog this post was the color. I love that Kieth Haring did not color within the lines. The drawings and the color really have no relation to each other and yet they interact in such a way that is just so much fun to see. Since I have been taking a digital illustration class I have been drawing more (I drew my mockups rather than finding them and downloading them). I think it would be fun to take my line drawings (perhaps even the mockups) and do a similar overlay color idea. I think that would be fun to do.

Anyway, I just enjoy this fun style.

No comments:

Post a Comment